“mod_pagespeed is an open-source Apache module created by Google to help Make the Web Faster by rewriting web pages to reduce latency and bandwidth” – http://modpagespeed.com/
To incorporate this module to your Apache webserver in a cPanel running server, do the following steps :
Note : This is meant for Apache 2.2.x versions.
1) Clone the installation scripts to the server :
# /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/git clone https://github.com/pagespeed/cpanel.git /tmp/pagespeed/
2) Create a tar.gz custom_opt_mod for EasyApache script to be detected :
# cd /tmp/pagespeed/Easy # tar -zcvf Speed.pm.tar.gz pagespeed
3) Move the custom mod to the place which is scanned by EasyApache ( create that folder, if not already present ) :
# mv Speed.pm Speed.pm.tar.gz -t /var/cpanel/easy/apache/custom_opt_mods/Cpanel/Easy/
4) Remove the cloned script from /tmp
cd && rm -rf /tmp/pagespeed
Now, login to your cPanel WHM > EasyApache and look for “mod_pagespeed” option under the short lists along with other Apache modules. Select it, make sure to enable deflate and version module. Re-compile Apache webserver using this and you are good to go with PageSpeed.
– The default conf file will be under – /usr/local/apache/conf/
– Refer these sites to customize your configurations :